Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Our Famous Gymnast!


So, last week Aubrey's gym coach told her that she had seen her on a Utah Summer Games poster at a gym down in St. George where she had gone over the weekend. Aubrey came home from gymnastics all excited to tell me about it. She didn't know many details about the poster other that she was on it. So the next day, I asked her coach for more details. I figured it was probably a poster with lots of different events that they do at the summer games. But I was really interested to see what it looked like. So, last week I decided to email the marketing person over the summer games. I asked if there was any way that we could get one of the posters and gave them a description of what Aubrey looked like. Also, if they could at least email us a picture of the poster and then we could get the poster when we came down in June. After no response for almost a week I decided to email everyone that was over the Summer Games. (ok the three main people) I emailed then early this morning (since there was no one else up as early as I was to email back and forth too.) To my surprise, within about 1/2 hour, I had a response from the Director over the games with an attachment and a great response! He said that all of the posters had been distributed but they would try and track one down for us and if they couldn't find one they would print us a new one. Boy was I excited. I was shocked to see that the poster wasn't just a little shot of her but the entire poster was of her. WOW! how cool is that! Hope you enjoy it. We sure do :)

3 comments:

Linnae said...

Way to go Aubrey! Maybe she'll be a an Olympic poster one day or a Wheaties box would be pretty cool too.

Linnae said...

ON not "a"

the Brakey's said...

Totally awesome!!!! How cool is that momento! Not many people can say they were on a huge poster like that!